Jailbreaking will open lot of possibilities for iOS users. RootlessJB IPA is a jailbreak released for iOS 12.0-12.1.2 users with tweak support and SSH access. It is developed by renowned security researcher Jake James.
Rootless jailbreaks has only read and write permissions to the var sub directory whereas a ‘root’ jailbreak has full read and write-level access to the entire root file system of an Apple device. Presently rootlessJB ipa supports tweak injection on iOS 12 devices. You can use latest released unc0ver jailbreak tool to jailbreak iOS 12 with root access.
Rootless JB uses Brandon exploit to inject tweaks on iOS 12 device. Brandon’s exploit supports A12 devices (iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR) but they are incompatible with it. Rootless jailbreak has more success rare on iPhone 8, iPhone 8Plus, iPhone 7 & iPhone 7 Plus devices. RootlessJB IPA does not have any built-in package manager like Cydia. But still we can install many Cydia tweaks manually. Here are the examples of tweaks compatible with Rooless jailbreak.
- System Info
ROOTLESSJB IPA COMPATIBLITY
- iOS 12
- iOS 12.0.1
- iOS 12.1.0
- iOS 12.1.1
- iOS 12.1.2
- iPhone 6S
- iPhone 6S plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 8 and 8 Plus iPhone X
- iPad (2017) (5th Generation)
- iPad Pro (12.9 in.) 1st generation
- iPad Pro (9.7 in.)
- iPad Pro 10.5″ (2017)
- iPad Pro 12.9″ 2nd Gen (2017)
- iPad (2018)
- A compatible iPhone, iPad or iPod touch (All compatible devices list is given above).
- iOS 12.0-12.1.2 firmware.
- A computer running macOS, Linux, or Windows.
- Cydia Impactor.
- an Internet connection.
INSTALL ROOTLESSJB IPA ON IOS
Follow the tutorial given below to install Rootless JB IPA on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch devices.
- First of all we need to get the IPA file. Download RootlessJB.ipa V3.6.8 from our download page.
- Now get Cydia impactor from here. Make sure you get the right version of Cydia Impactor compatible with your computer.
- Now connect your iOS device with PC using USB cable.
- Wait for few seconds. Cydia impactor will detect your iOS device. If your device is not appeared on Cydia impactor interface, You select the device from drop down menu.
- Go to the folder where RootlessJB IPA was saved. Drag the IPA file and drop it on Cydia impactor interface.
- Now Cydia impactor will ask you for Apple ID and Password to sign the application. Enter them and hit OK.
- Wait for few seconds. You can find RootlessJB app on your iPhone, iPad or iPod device menu.
- Now open Settings. Go to General > Profiles & Device Management and trust the certificate associated with rootless JB ipa.
- Now you will able to open the app.
Now that we have installed app, It time to jailbreak iOS devices running on iOS 12 to iOS 12.1.2. Here’s how we can do that.
HOW TO JAILBREAK IOS 12 to iOS 12.1.2 WITH ROOTLESSJB IPA
- Run the app from home screen.
- Tap Jailbreak to start the jailbreak process. Make sure that the “Tweaks” option is on or else tweak injection will not work.
- Wait for the device to respring. Once the SpringBoard restarts, the device will be put in jailbreak mode.
The voucher_swap exploit has a very high success rate. It almost always puts the device in the jailbreak state on the very first try only. But if you find that it isn’t working the way it’s supposed to, simply restart the device and enable Airplane mode before running the app again.
You can also Packager which is a package manager for rootless jailbreak. This is not full fledged package manager. It needs to be improved a lot. But still it will save lot of work while installing tweaks.
Q: Can I check Jailbreak status from RootlessJB iOS app?
Rootless JB doesn’t notify the user about the jailbreak state of the device. If you want to make sure whether your device is jailbroken, you must SSH into your iPhone or iPad and check whether or not it succeeds.
This is the quick tutorial on how to install RootlessJB IPA on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch devices running on iOS 12 to iOS 12.1.2. As this jailbreak does not have any built-in package manager, We need to install the tweaks manually. Developers are working on bringing the built-in package managers in future updates.